Students attending Sonscreen 2023 can submit their materials to enter a pitch competition, and the five finalists will be invited to pitch on closing night of the festival
Cost to enter $25
- Register on Eventbrite for a Pitch Competition ticket
- Festival pass also required for the five finalists (This can be purchased after judging is complete)
- Confirmation email will include a link to upload the needed materials
The 2023 Sonscreen pitch competition is open to students only
- You must upload your pitch deck and related materials (e.g. proof of concept, budget, attached talent, etc.) by the deadline: April 2, 2023, before midnight.
Your pitch deck must include:
- Budget (Including how the prize money would be used)
- Logline and synopsis
- Any attached crew or talent
- Distribution plan
- Artwork (poster or concept sketches)
Any submission that does not include the required materials will not be accepted.
Optional materials include:
- Proof of concept
Please note – those have won a cash prize at a previous festival are still eligible to enter, but we will give preference to entrants who have not won before.
- First place: $3,500
- Second place: $1,500
- Third place: $750
- The top five submissions will be invited to pitch live to a professional jury on Closing Night of the festival.
- Judges will be looking for a thorough pitch including: budget, audience, marketing, and distribution.
- Each finalist will have strictly 7 minutes to make their pitch, followed by a 5 minute Q&A with the judges.
- Each finalist will receive feedback on their pitch from the professional judges, regardless of placement.